Monday, April 13, 2009

Dual Professions


So lately I have been thinking of ways to max out my Main. I started my shaman two years ago and have loved all trees of the class since. Im currently elemental and looooving it. I decided that when 3.1 and dual specs hit, Im going to go Resto PVE and Elemental PVP. Im very excited to do this because I will be more helpful in pve content then being one of a million dpsers out there, and at the same time, be able to switch to my main love of pvp whenever I want for free!

That got me thinking... I've always heard that if you wanted to take pvp seriously, you should level engineering. Once I researched this, I realized that this is so true. From rocket boots to bombs and trinkets, there is a ton of pvp goodies in the engineering profession. I wanted it badly. I did not however, want to drop my Jewelcrafting that has been maxed out for as long as I can remember. Jewelcrafting has been a great source of gold and ease when gemming my gear. I get the jewelcrafter's gems which are very nice, and can make them on demand as I get gear. My second profession was originally Mining. Now since blizz included a passive buff to your collecting professions (for example +50 stam for 450 Mining), you may question whether to drop that gathering prof for a main one. 

The choice was all to clear to me, I have had a Death Knight sitting at 80 and raid geared that I played after leveling my shaman when Wrath came out. He is a great candidate for my mining profession! Not only does leveling his mining help my shaman with both his main Professions, but the DK gets a stamina buff!!! It took me a day and a half to level mining up on the DK and now I have a Shaman with two main professions, and a Plate wearing miner to go out there and fight for ore. See what I did there? Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment